For new clients without a legal aid certificate, there is an initial consultation fee of $400. This includes disbursements and HST. If you retain me for the same issue within three months, the $400 will be considered as a deposit on the total retainer.
If you have a legal aid certificate, please bring evidence of it to our first meeting.
Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, people are increasingly more comfortable with video meetings. I am please to conduct appointments, including initial consultations, by video using any number of platforms (Google Meet, Microsoft Teams, Skype, Zoom, etc). However, I will need the client’s information in advance of the meeting, including:
- Full legal name (as well as what you prefer to be called)
- Actual residential address (where you live)
- Mailing address, if different from where you live
- Phone number (and whether it is a mobile phone and can accept SMS messages)
- Email address
- A copy of official photo ID, and a translation if it is not in English or French